On Tuesday, March 22, join us at Nelson Mandela Park Public School for a public consultation on the future of transit in the GTA jointly hosted by the City of Toronto, Metrolinx and the TTC.
We will first meet up at 5:30pm at Paintbox Bistro for a pre-event chat (optional). This gives members a chance to discuss the topic of the consultation, share ideas and expectations, network, and grab a quick bite before the consultation!
We will then head over to the event venue for the consultation, where we will learn about:
- SmartTrack - integrating SmartTrack and GO Regional Express Rail to improve transit across Toronto
- Relief Line - the preferred corridor connecting the Bloor-Danforth Subway to Downtown
- Scarborough Subway Extension - plans for optimized transit in Scarborough
- Electrified GO Service - electrification of rail corridors to enable more frequent and faster train service
- New GO Stations - opportunities for new GO stations so more people can access transit
- Integrated Transit Fares - to make switching between transit systems simple and hassle-free
5:30-6:15pm - pre-event chat (Paintbox Bistro, 555 Dundas St E)
6:15pm - walk over to event venue
6:30-8:30pm - consultation (Nelson Mandela Park PS, 440 Shuter St)
8:30-9:00pm - recap, sharing thoughts and snaps!
Join us for a fun and informative evening, no experience necessary! From first-timers to seasoned consultation participants, all are welcome.